Thursday, March 6, 2014

EATS: Euphoria Bar & Grill - Bansko

It was Valentine's Day when we ate at the Euphoria Bar and Grill at the town of Bansko. It is a restaurant offering a rather large selection of food, ranging from pizzas, pastas, Kid Menu-style and even Chinese food. Euphoria also features a bar and is great if you're a fan of food and watching sport.

My experience here was also filled with a two "firsts". First time tying risotto and first time trying hummus.



This night was kicked off by some salad and homemade hummus. So, this was my first time trying hummus and I knew from that first taste that I wouldn't try hummus again very often in my life. It had much more "depth" when spread with the bread, but it's still... "eh". 

For my main course, I chose the arugula, chicken, quinoa and buckwheat risotto. Again, something to check off the "something I have eaten for the first time" list. However, the risotto disappointed me. Just like the hummus, it was very dry and flavorless. As a Filipino, I can say that the rice wasn't of best quality. Trust me, a majority of my life consisted of eating rice for three meals a day. I KNOW what good rice is, and this risotto was surely not it.



My sister had fries and chicken nuggets from the children's menu, while the adults had a variety of foods from the separate Chinese Options menu.

After a long debate with my mom if we should go order dessert or not (as we bought some ice cream from the supermarket), we saw an option that might suit me and my sister. For dessert, we got a tasting plate of homemade ice cream, one scoop for each of the five presented flavors.



My sister and I tried our best to identify the flavors of the ice creams because the waiter and the menu did not tell us what the flavors were. The first one we tried (on the far left of the plate to the right). After a small nibble, I claimed it was pistachio while my sister thought it was mint. The second one was a bit weird because it tasted very... unusual (Spoiler: We think it's Cookies and Cream). The third one was an obvious chocolate. The fourth one urged another debate between me and my sister: I believed it was rose (I've never had rose ice cream, but I would imagine this would be its taste), she believed it was strawberry. The final one was caramel. 

In summary, our experience here in Euphoria was a bit of a mix of highs and lows, with the lows coming mostly on the food and the highs from the restaurant's amazingly comfy atmosphere. We spent dinner watching the Sochi Olympics' ice hockey battle between Norway and Canada (Canada won..) and talking to some great friends. Our friends seemed to have enjoyed both the food and the company, so maybe I just picked the worst things on the menu. Who knows? The only way I could is to go back and try again *wink*. 

***










0 comments:

Post a Comment